UI Designer / Visual Designer
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Our Experience Design function is run out of London, New York & San Francisco. If you enjoy designing digital customer experiences and have an interest in understanding how the underlying technologies are used to bring a concept to life, this role based in our London office, could be ideal for you. As a UI Designer, you will work on Medidata’s next generation of SaaS based clinical trial management applications and play a key role in helping us provide value to our users.
You will be helping us refine and evangelise our nascent Design System. There is still much to be done around refining our style guide, moving from a siloed way of designing our products to a more holistic, coherent, way of designing solutions across products and features. You will be a crucial part of that in our UK office.
As a UI Designer:
- Create visually engaging, innovative and functional digital products
- Work closely with our clients and internal team to help shape solutions and to rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user experience
- Be aware of new design patterns and provide solutions based on the selected patterns
- Present your ideas to a varied audience from user experience designers, product managers to technical architects and developers
- Be an active contributor and evangelist for our still nascent Design System
As a Team Member:
- Work positively and productively with the Developers, Business Analysts and Product Managers
- Help the team present the work done to the clients/users and get useful feedback
What we are looking for in you:
- Proven professional experience in designing brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UI/UX lifecycle
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around UI thinking
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Basic knowledge and awareness of front-end technologies.
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills.
- Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems
- Prepared to challenge the status-quo - propose multiple solutions with pros and cons
- A well rounded UI designer with some great projects already in their portfolio
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Back to top