Test Engineer I
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Test Engineer I is responsible for testing products, with some supervision, to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision.
• Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
• Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
• Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
• Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
• Collaborate with developers/business analysts to design tests.
• Generate test ideas and heuristics.
• Create test charters and checks.
• Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
• Adhere to Medidata's SOPs and Agile practices.
• Execute test charters within sessions
• Analyze results of test sessions.
• Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
• Apply basic problem solving skills.
• Collaborate with other scrum team(s) and stakeholders.
• Make continuous self-education a priority.
• Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
● Ability to understand and execute Context Driven and Session Based testing with supervision
● Ability to test using Rapid Software Testing practices and principles with supervision
● Ability to understand and apply practices to increase test effectiveness with supervision
● Ability to proactively learn and apply test design principles, with supervision
● Ability to understand platform/product/project test strategies and priorities
● Ability to understand the risks of code changes, based on the impact assessment
● Ability to create tests from stories/requirements, with supervision
● Ability to execute tests and record test results
● Ability to focus on a task and follow it through to completion
● Ability to communicate own ideas clearly within your own team
● Ability to investigate issues, with some supervision
● Ability to collaborate with others in a positive and respectful manner
● Ability to articulate technical issues
● Possess problem solving abilities
● Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate issues
● Clinical industry experience is an asset
● Agile experience is preferred
Your Education & Experience:
● Typically requires related experience and a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (or equivalent experience)
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top