Technical Support Specialist (Customer Success)
The Technical Support (Customer Success) team consists of technical experts who interact with clients and many Internal groups on a daily basis. The team provides product support to both internal and external customers, who use or support the Medidata Platform and receives issues that the Helpdesk team could not resolve.
The Customer Success team regularly reaches out to customers to obtain any additional information needed and resolves escalated issues. When resolution cannot be reached the team properly packages the correct information and manages its triage throughout the different functional areas of Medidata (Tier III). The group also ensures the Tier III organization has the appropriate information necessary to troubleshoot and facilitates communication between the functional areas as needed.
The Technical Support (Customer Success) Specialist is a well rounded individual who has the ability to thrive in a high pressure environment while maintaining high quality and proper communication. He/She has the ability to quickly learn different applications and technologies and apply that knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
● Respond to telephone, email and fax inquiries from external and internal clients
● Monitor and ensure 100% accuracy of all assigned escalations and work requests throughout the day and consistently resolve or further escalate within the required client Service Level Agreements
● Coordinate issue resolution efforts with other departments to ensure timely and efficient resolutions are met and customer satisfaction is upheld
● Maintain proper tracking of incident resolution for reference and management reporting
● Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledge base
● Take total ownership of an issue and see it through to completion
● Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions, and communicate regular status updates to clients
● Support SaaS applications and the browsers through which they are accessed
● Distinguish between application, operating system, network, and hardware problems, with an understanding of IT systems design, analysis, and integrations.
● Ability to Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
● Review system metrics and help identify potential system degradation
● Become a Subject Matter Expert in at least 1 Product within the Medidata Platform
● Interact with other Medidata teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
● Follow knowledge base articles and perform templated tasks with 100% accuracy
What we need from you
● Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple team and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
● Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
● Keen to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment with an ability to build a successful rapport with colleagues and customers
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Customer focus and a proven pro-active approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
● Must possess a strong desire and affinity for learning new technologies quickly
● Flexibility for very occasional out of hours working - largely from home
● 1-2 years previous Helpdesk or Desk Side Support experience
● Familiarity with any Issue Tracking software (Remedy, Zendesk, Peoplesoft) a strong plus
● Experience in writing and following Technical Standard Operating Procedures
● Experience with application, system, and database monitoring methodologies, backup software, Internet technologies, and system security
● Command of English (fluent/native)
● Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top