Medidata Solutions, Inc. is the leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for clinical research in life sciences, transforming clinical drug development through its advanced applications and intelligent data analytics. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, they are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for their clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process.
Medidata is publicly traded and their shares are listed on NASDAQ Global Market under the stock symbol MDSO. The company was founded in 1999 by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries who both remain active in the organization. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and have global operations that span throughout US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata has over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. Its customers include pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies, academic institutions, contract research organizations and other organizations engaged in clinical trials. Its solutions allow its customers to enhance clinical results by streamlining the design, planning and management of key aspects of the clinical development process, including protocol development, CRO negotiation, investigator contracting, the capture and management of clinical trial data and the analysis, and reporting of that data. Their industry-leading technology platform, the Medidata Clinical Cloud®, is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 17 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies, bringing new levels of productivity and quality to the clinical testing of promising medical treatments, from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting.
Medidata is comprised of three strategic selling segments: Enterprise, Mid-Market and Partners. Working with the Executive Vice President, Global Sales and other members of the go-to- market team, the Senior Vice President, Partners will own the overall strategic and tactical responsibilities for growing net new and renewal business with Medidata’s Partners specifically, Clinical Research Organizations (CROs), continuing to recommend and use Medidata’s Clinical Cloud platform and solutions. S/He will lead, coach and mentor a dedicated global team of over 40 Partner-focused professionals. S/He will set strategy, drive execution, measure performance and hold his/her team accountable. The Senior Vice President, Partners will also partner with his/her peers (Enterprise & Mid-Market) to design the best way to leverage salesforce and marketing automation tools that will lead to better forecasting and overall performance. Prior experience working with CROs or in medtech/healthcare NOT required.
In this role, you will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Business Development and Products teams to develop and implement specific strategic plans to achieve or exceed revenue targets. This role requires a deep understanding of SaaS offerings, and an ability to articulate the Medidata value proposition to C-suite business leaders. Additionally, the Medidata sales process requires an ability to quickly grasp and convey key financial management concepts that are the core of the Medidata’s solutions. This highly complex sales effort requires an overriding need for solid business acumen, in order to effectively convey the value of Medidata’s suite of products to senior decision-makers.
It will be critical for this leader to have prior experience leading a large, global team of partner and channel experts with specific experience in selling SaaS solutions, who understands the complexity and nuance(s) of it.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The SVP Partners will:
• Add to and foster a culture of innovation, performance, collaboration, teamwork and respect.
• Own the strategy, execution and results of the Partners team.
• Drive visibility and credibility in expanding Medidata’s global partner ecosystem.
• Be in the market interacting with partners and demonstrating our commitment to the channel.
• Develop indirect sales strategy to maximize revenue and scale in the global market.
• Responsible for developing new market initiatives, assessing new markets, and analyzing business opportunities.
• Establish relationships with targeted partner organizations while managing current relationships to increase sales.
• Be accountable for new licensing initiatives and programs, negotiating contracts, proposals and closing deals.
• Develop and execute communication plan for partner community including marketing materials, educational information, etc.
• Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measureable metrics for all partners.
• Build and manage a Partner Success team as needed to ensure ongoing channel partner success.
• Provide ongoing partner feedback and competitive intelligence to Medidata’s leadership team, specifically product and engineering.
• Provide accurate and reliable reports and forecasts to help the company manage its growth.
• 15 years’ experience, with track record of success in a channel, partner and business development leadership position, with extensive experience selling SaaS products.
• Experience in interfacing with technology partners, resellers, alliances and system integrators.
• Experience developing and expanding a channel and partner organization with a collaborative and hands-on approach.
• Has a collaborative and inclusive working style that builds on the organizations strengths and leverages the team’s expertise.
• A thorough understanding of complex, worldwide sales organizational structures; able to navigate and deliver results in a complex, action-oriented environment.
• Proven skills to develop and track financial models and plans.
• Strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership. Is an advocate for the Partners team and builds strong alliances across the Sales and broader Medidata organization.
• Excellent external and internal communications skills, as well as ability to be effective in a fast paced, results driven environment.
• Bachelor degree required, MBA beneficial.
• Quiet confidence and be comfortable dealing with customers
• Intellectual curiosity and be able “to know what you don’t know”
• Highly-motivated with excellent communication and teamwork skills to working across disciplines
• Strong operational mindset, decisive, “get it done” mentality
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where handling pressure and achieving deadlines are normal
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Clearly and concisely articulates ideas and opinions
• High integrity person who can build productive, long-lasting relationships at all levels
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for contributing to a world-class organization
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top