Staff Applications Engineer
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
You will be working on a Software-as-a-service (SaaS) web-based system solution for managing and tracking clinical operations empowering life sciences companies to manage and collaborate on clinical trial operations efficiently and perform tasks in a time-saving, automated process.
As a Staff Applications Engineer, Technical Expert & Agile Team Member:
• Be a hands-on contributor involved directly in the development of Software Applications
• Drive the technical conversation & direction in the development of Software Applications
• Propose and prototype solutions to complex business problems and translate them to technology
• Define and advocate good engineering practices for co-located and remote teams
• Engage in code reviews to improve code quality and promote TDD/BDD approach
• Work closely with the Engineering management and Architecture groups in leading product delivery
• Be able to propose solutions based on the well known design patterns
• Collaborate in troubleshooting the production issues and provide possible workarounds and solutions in a timely manner
• Coach and mentor colleagues at different levels
• Work positively and productively with other developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts
• Be a strong & positive voice in Agile meetings; contribute in Scrum Artefacts
What we are looking for in you:
• Comprehensive experience with technologies in an enterprise setting – Java 8, Velocity template engine,
• Profound experience in working in tools and libraries like Jenkins, maven, tomcat, spring, JasperReports and any schema and log management tools
• Considerable experience in writing Optimized queries in relational databases - preferably mysql.
• Strong experience working with TDD and BDD programming paradigms.
• Clear evidence of contribution to system architectural design.
• Technical leader within an Agile development environment
• Experience of having delivered full stack solutions across multiple technologies.
• Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills
• Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems
• Prepared to challenge the status-quo - propose multiple solutions with pros and cons
Your Education & Experience:
• Typically requires strong related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top