Sr. Systems Engineer (Windows or Unix/Linux), Application/Site Monitoring
We can hire in both Houston, TX or Iselin, NJ
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing with cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled and committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the advent of mobile devices, we are at the forefront of incorporating our software into these devices to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 450 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 9,500 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Senior System Engineer will assist in development of the holistic monitoring solution for our enterprise. This includes designing monitoring and alerting for core infrastructure, services and applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
● The Senior System Engineer will be responsible for automating deployment of monitoring solutions within our Production/Dev/Test environments.
● Assist development teams in the design and implementation of monitoring solutions for our client-facing products.
● This role is responsible for developing sophisticated monitoring solutions, documenting and communicating these solutions and building consensus with multiple infrastructure and development teams.
● Technical expertise in any combination of automation and management platforms like for example: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Auto scaling technologies, Nagios (and variants), vROps, Sumologic, Solarwinds, etc.
● Develop strategic technology roadmaps for the Monitoring infrastructure.
● Based upon experience and industry knowledge, the Senior Systems Engineer assists with development and maintenance of a cohesive technical strategy and roadmap.
● Effectively analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
● Develop clear and accurate documentation of the existing solutions and requirements.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
● Minimum 7 years working experience in the IT industry as a Windows or Unix/Linux Systems Engineer/Admin. (We're a Windows shop so though a Windows SE/SA background would be ideal however we're open to Unix/Linux SEs/SAs and even those who have been in both types of environments i.e., have been in Windows & Unix/Linux (heterogeneous) shops.)
● Minimum 5 Years supporting large scale, multi site environments
● Experienced working on cross-functional teams/projects
● Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects and drive technical vision.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to peers, executives, customers and junior staff.
● Strong hands-on personality, results-oriented, pragmatic, high quality standards, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Strong knowledge of Virtualization, for example, any or some combination of the following: VMware, ESX, vCOPS, AWS.
● Working knowledge of Automation technologies, like for example, Chef, Ansible, Puppet etc. (either these exact tools in some combination or some derivative of these tools).
● Monitoring and Management tools: At least 1 or some combination of the following: Solarwinds, CloudWatch, Sumologic, Nagios,NewRelic, Dynatrace, etc.. (We use New Relic, Sumologic and Solarwinds in our environment. So if you have exposure to any of these tools that's a huge PLUS.)
● Strong expertise in operating systems: Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Windows Server.
● Knowledge of scripting languages ideally PowerShell & Python. Either both or one or the other. Additionally, we're open to other scripting languages as well.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top