Sr. / Lead Applications Engineer (RoR)
Developers with 4+ years experience building cloud-based web applications or services. You’ll demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
Your responsibilities will include hands-on implementation and development with Ruby on Rails, Postgres/MySQL and Amazon Web Services among other tools. The services you build will enable mobile applications and mHealth device data collection. You will be comfortable working with Product Managers to turn great ideas into detailed requirements. You will also design how features should be implemented, and help determine the best architecture to use in each situation.
We offer our engineers a highly competitive compensation that includes base, bonus and a strong benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, vision care, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts FSA, commuter FSA, 401K, tuition reimbursement program, paid company holidays and unlimited paid time off.
We send engineers to conferences and seminars to learn and get exposed to new ideas and bring back the knowledge and the contacts that they acquired.
We provide top of the line computers (MacBook Pro), adjustable standing desks and the most comfortable work spaces. We have plenty of space for collaboration, game room and a private rooftop terrace.
● 4+ years experience developing web applications or services
● Strong object-oriented design and programming skills with an object-oriented language such as Ruby (highly preferred) , Java or C#
● Experience writing and optimizing SQL
● Understanding of source control management (Git/Github)
● Strong communication and collaboration skills
● Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
● A passion to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
Your Preferred Competencies:
● Ruby on Rails
● Postgres and/or MySQL
● TDD/BDD experience
● Amazon Web Services
● Developing services supporting mobile applications
● Clinical research knowledge or worked in a regulated environment
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top