Sr. Director, Global Strategic Alliances
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Reporting to the Vice President, Professional Services Sales, the Senior Director Services & Alliances manages partnerships with various Global System Integrator (GSI) and Specialized System Integrator firms, and supports the Go To Market (GTM) strategy of our commercial organization, to enable the delivery of Medidata products and services, and leverage Medidata’s position in the marketplace.
• Support the Go To Market initiatives of Medidata’s commercial organization
• Manage the portfolio of the GSI and specialized Partnerships
• Drive account reviews with strategic SI’s to grow pipeline and joint go to market opportunities
• Work closely with Direct Sales teams to leverage these partnerships for account access and penetration
• Build packaged service offerings (including with SI’s) to accelerate sales and increase deal size, emphasizing Medidata’s Platform solutions
• Work with Value Management to build PS value prop and differentiators
• Work with PS Marketing to build marketing collateral to support sales
• Establish governance structure and process to support SI relationship.
• Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure the effectiveness of the partnership ecosystem as it relates to associated revenue from both parties
• Other duties as assigned
• Experienced in a methodology for engaging Global Consulting firms
• Experience of the biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D environment preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at an executive-level
• Ability to listen actively and think logically, to solve complex problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred. Master’s degree or higher a plus, especially an MBA
• Requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the enterprise software market; or equivalent experience
• Requires a minimum of 5 years successful hands-on experience working with Global Consulting firms; or equivalent experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top