Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, thereby ensuring that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. Our products and services are driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries – one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally.
Our company is 100% focused on life sciences, and by automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, we have the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, which bring a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials that empower our customers to make more informed decisions earlier and faster. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
With annual revenue in 2016 at nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Senior Manager, Digital Marketing will lead our digital transformation, overseeing our digital properties such as our corporate web site, blogs, and microsites. He/she will also optimize the performance and conversion of these properties through reporting and analytics, search engine optimization, and A/B testing.
- Manage our corporate Web presence, coordinating closely with Product Marketing, Communications, Marketing Operations and other internal stakeholders
- Act as the content owner for the corporate site ensuring that our story, offerings, and vision are communicated with a consistent message, value proposition, and voice
- Operate as a hands-on contributor as needed, with a focus on content development, copy writing, editing, and publishing new/revised materials
- Improve the usability, design, content and conversion on the company website
- Collaborate closely with Marketing leadership to evolve and optimize our digital marketing goals, strategies, and tactics
- Maintain responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing initiatives
- Manage and direct our digital marketing activities, including SEO, SEM, and digital advertising
- Develop and maintain a digital marketing dashboard to report key metrics of digital performance through conversion to Leads and Sales Opportunities
- Must have diverse experience in digital communications and digital marketing
- Have a track record of successfully managing external agencies and vendors
- Deep operational experience of digital marketing programs and campaigns
- Working knowledge of search engine marketing
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills; proficiency with Google Analytics and AdWords a plus
- Solid grasp of online marketing optimization best practices
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently, and with limited direction when necessary
- Good communication skills – must be able to express analytical findings to key stakeholders
- Inquisitive personality, someone who sees a data point and wants to understand everything that influences it
- Minimum of Bachelors degree required, preferably in a marketing or related field
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ B-to-B digital marketing experience preferably in the High Tech, Software, or Life Sciences industries
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top