Sr. Data Scientist
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Design, develop and validate statistical models for novel medical applications. Areas of team focus include mHealth, genomics, and other projects in support of design, analysis, and meta- analysis of clinical trials.
- Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning and code review
- Ability to understand and peer review complex, multivariable statistical models and data analytics solutions using machine learning algorithms
- Ability to work independently on complex and diverse issues and propose solutions
- Productionalize developed methods and code for integration with existing/new products
- Enhance manual and automated processes with advanced operations research methods
- Report findings to internal teams and clients and network with external and internal clients
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with data scientists, data owners, software developers, IT management, and customers
- Proficiency in R, Python and/or SAS languages
- Strong verbal and written communication; collaborative focus
- Experience using Git version control
- Familiarity with AWS services
Your Education & Experience:
- Masters or PhD in statistics, operations research, or data science or in related field with strong foundation in statistical methodology
- 3+ years of experience with statistical analysis
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top