Sr. Data Architect/MS SQL Developer
Traditionally we understand that an Architect and a Developer are two distinct and separate roles but within the context of the larger Medidata Engineering organization were are a small, versatile and nimble team and so therefore need players on our team who are also quick-footed and able to shift gears in their function on an as needed basis. As a trade off, you'll have the ability to touch every aspect of the product, set its foundation and determine its direction as well. Thus, this is a ground floor opportunity for the right person within the context of an enterprise which is not just sound and stable but on an upward trajectory (just check out our stock performance for the last few year on NASDAQ under ticker symbol MDSO).
- Responsible for Design of Large Databases / DW.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Database systems
- Design and maintenance of complex SSIS packages, SSRS reports, SSAS cubes
- Create, modify, and optimize SQL queries and stored procedures
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to Business units and Management as needed
- Maintenance of Replication processes between different servers
- Design, implementation and maintenance of business continuity strategies and disaster recovery plans
- Assist the application teams with new database development, automation, and scheduling of jobs;
- Maintain Data Integrity between different environment.
- 5-10 years of strong experience in database design and development experience for very large database applications
- Focused primarily on MS SQL
- experience with optimizing database design, analyzing data, queries, DDL, Backup and Recovery
- Ability to program database servers by using user-defined functions, triggers, stored procedures, and Transact-SQL
- Exposure to or experience in Data Warehousing related initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server Application and DB and related tools (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Strong knowledge of system architecture concepts and best practices, methodologies for design, development, testing, and development and testing tools.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to effectively communicate (written/verbally) with team members and other technical/non-technical personnel
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Software development experience using Agile methodologies.
(Nice to Haves (but not required))
- Big data (Hadoop, HIVE, Pig, Spark etc.) technologies to power our high-volume, business-critical web sites and systems
- Good understanding of .NET technologies
- BS in Comp Sci or at least a 4 yr degree. Alternatively, equivalent work experience.
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing with cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled and committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the advent of mobile devices, we are at the forefront of incorporating our software into these devices to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 450 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 9,500 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top