Sr. Business Analytics Manager - Data Science
You will play a key role in a dynamic team of statisticians, computer scientists, implementation designers, data analysts, and business experts. We leverage industry leading data assets and analytical models to transform the clinical development industry, driving clinical and operational success for our clients and partners. We provide pioneering data-oriented products and consulting services to most of the $100B pharmaceutical development industry. You will be responsible for leading the development and commercialization of new data-driven and cloud based software products.
- Manage data science initiatives involving large amounts of data, statistical modeling / machine learning, product design, prototyping and development of cloud based software products
- Lead early adopter customer engagements to gather feedback, develop new requirements, build case studies and drive adoption
- Collaborate with multiple other teams to guide the marketing, sales and pricing of new products
- Develop internal and external communication materials, translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences
- Perform and share analyses to guide decision making
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience in data science, technology, consulting, analytical product management, life sciences, or related field with a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business discipline (business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field); or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multidisciplinary teams leveraging large amounts of data and developing analytics to improve business decisions
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) including ability to translate between business and technical domains and interface with customers
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong business analysis skills
- Familiarity with concepts such as databases, programming, statistical modeling, machine learning, data visualization
- Strong abilities with MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
Nice to have(s) but not required…
- Experience with analytics for clinical operations within the life sciences industry
- MBA preferred, with a concentration in data-driven decision making, statistics, consulting or health care
- Familiarity with Agile development, JIRA and Aha!
- Work experience with SQL, exposure to R or SAS
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top