Sr. Business Analyst, Data Science
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
You will play a key role in developing and delivering analytical insights on client engagements as part of the Intelligent Trials team of Acorn AI, a Medidata company powered by data from over 17,000 clinical trials and provide actionable insights to the front lines of life sciences decision-making, from R&D to commercialization.
You will work with a dynamic team of predictive modelers, computer scientists, UX designers, data wranglers, and business experts. You will support the productization of analytics into cloud based software.
- Develop analyses for and support management of client engagements involving large amounts of data, statistical modeling / machine learning, prototyping and cloud based software products
- Work across an interdisciplinary team to prioritize and coordinate tasks, monitor progress and issues, facilitate team meetings
- Perform and share analyses to guide internal and external decision making
- Coordinate and assist in the testing of new products and features
- Help develop external communication materials, translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences and developing key messaging
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (in a quantitative or business discipline (business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or a related field)) and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree and 2 years of work experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage work in teams of widely varying skills and levels
- Familiarity with analytics concepts such as databases, programming, statistical modeling, machine learning, data visualization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, great attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Nice to have(s) but not required…
- Experience as an analytics consultant or business analyst on a data science team
- Familiarity with Agile development and JIRA
- Work experience with SQL, exposure to R or SAS
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top