Solutions Sales Specialist, Payments
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
As the subject matter expert for our Payments solution, you will be the go-to domain expert, and the evangelist for this area of our Clinical Cloud offering, across all customers in our mid-market domain. Your success will be further leveraged at key inflection points in the sales cycle by working closely with our Account Managers . Beyond driving incremental revenue for the organization, we set the dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata Clinical Cloud by working in concert with R&D, Marketing (Field & Product), Market Development, Inside Sales and the Value teams. The Solution Sales, Payments will shape and help execute Medidata’s Payments go-to-market strategy.
• Responsible for driving quarter over quarter incremental revenue for the Medidata Payments solution
• Collaborate with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Product Strategy, Product Management and Professional Services to qualify Payments opportunities, continue to build product momentum and increase Medidata Payments market share
• Work in concert with Account Managers to execute on sales strategies, in part, by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s Payments solution directly to Sponsors and CROs.
• Assist and support Account managers and Market Development teams in speaking with prospective customer functional groups such as Clinical Finance, Corporate finance, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Clinical Operations, etc.
• Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the Payments Solution (including, but not limited to – webinars, conference attendance/presentation, customer and industry events)
• Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Product Marketing activities (including, but not limited to – white papers, press releases, search engine optimization, case studies, etc.)
• Design talk track for email / cold call campaigns to be used by both Inside Sales and Market Development
• Work alongside Global Learning & Development to develop and deliver training offerings to scale the Payments IQ with the direct sales force and partner teams.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Proven sales experience in the Biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D environment
• Selling experience, understanding of SaaS sales cycles preferred
• Any experience evaluating / implementing investigator payment applications would be a real advantage
• Experience implementing these solutions either as representative of a life sciences organization or a consultant on behalf of a life sciences organization
• Understanding of the CRO landscape highly desirable
• Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a management-level
• Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50%
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred; Masters Degree or higher a plus
More on Medidata
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top