Solution Sales - Strategic Monitoring
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. In our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in cloud software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of clinical trials. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 13,000 clinical trials. We are still led by co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
Purpose of this Role
The Strategic Solution Sales team members act as product/domain experts for specific components of the Medidata Clinical Cloud. Our expertise is leveraged by Account Managers at key inflection points in the sales cycle. Beyond driving incremental revenue for the organization, we set the dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata Clinical Cloud by working in concert with R&D, Marketing (Field & Product), Market Development, Inside Sales and Value Engineering. The Solution Sales Specialist, Strategic Monitoring, will shape and help execute Medidata’s go-to-market strategy.
• Responsible for achieving quarterly sales target for the Medidata Strategic Monitoring solutions.
• Collaborate with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Product Strategy, Product Management to build pipeline.
• Work in concert with Account Managers to execute on sales strategies by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s solution directly to Sponsors and CROs.
• Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the Strategic Monitoring Solutions (including, but not limited to – webinars, conference attendance/presentation, customer and industry events)
• Design talk track for email / cold call campaigns to be used by both Inside Sales and Market Development
• Work alongside Global Learning & Development to develop and deliver training offerings to scale the solution area with the direct sales force and partner teams.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
- Strong knowledge of the biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D process and the CRO landscape.
- Software and/or services sales experience in the biopharma industry with a strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Experience supporting clinical trial operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a senior management and director level.
- Perform qualification and discovery with new clients to drive pipeline growth by identifying scientific and business value for the client.
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner.
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50%.
- Experience with sales forecasting, pipeline management, quarterly goal attainment, territory plan development.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top