Solution Sales, Analytics Specialist
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 13,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
About the role:
Are you a thought leader and consultative sales professional who ‘gets’ big data and the power of analytics and machine led learning? Are you looking to combine that knowledge and join a company that can truly say it makes a difference? If this resonates with you then the Solution Sales – Analytics Specialist could be the move you’re looking for. The Solution Sales team act as our product and domain experts for specific components of the Medidata clinical cloud. As the Analytics expert – you will be partnering with the Global Account Managers across EMEA, to identify, manage and close opportunities within our existing accounts – and potentially with prospective customers. You will also be setting the dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata Clinical Cloud by working in concert with R&D, Marketing (Field & Product), Market Development, Inside Sales and the Value teams – as well as helping us shape and execute Medidata’s Analytics go-to-market strategy for the sponsor organizations that we serve.
- You will be partnering with the Global and Regional Account Managers across the EMEA territory – to identify, manage and close opportunities for the Analytics portfolio and services
- Consistently meet/exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Collaborating with our Pre-Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Account Managers to qualify opportunities, continue to build product momentum and increase Medidata Analytics market share
- Working in concert with Global and Regional Account Managers to execute on sales strategies
- Presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s Analytics solutions directly to Sponsors, Academic Research Organizations, and Governmental Agencies.
- Develop and deliver our Analytics value proposition in tandem with our marketing teams – and collaborate with them in establishing white papers, webinars, press releases etc.
- Be our customer advocate to drive strategic customer insights, and long term customer loyalty.
- Work alongside Global Learning & Development to develop and deliver training offerings to scale the solution area with the direct sales force
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- You have a proven track record of selling data/analytics to drive insights and conceptualizing this to a diverse audience across large accounts (highly desirable.)
- Software and services sales experience in the biopharma industry with a strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets. Selling experience and understanding of SaaS sales cycles is preferred.
- You’re a collaborator and can show how you can/have achieved goals through sharing ideas, knowledge and resources
- You’re a networker and can show how you have leveraged your network of contacts to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a management-level.
- You get it – sales aren’t down to luck, it’s a process, and you can demonstrate how you have implemented this process to achieve/exceed results
- You’re an excellent communicator – you listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- You work efficiently and effectively with individuals, teams and organizations – both inside and outside of your work area
- You’re self-motivated, and able to work professionally and autonomously.
- Willing and able to sustain business travel of 30-50%. (will vary by quarter)
- Bachelor’s Degree is required - Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or an analytics focused discipline or equivalent experience is preferred
- Master’s degree / PhD is highly desirable
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top