Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Technical Services organization is responsible for integration applications development for
- Advise external customers and internal staff on best practices for implementing Medidata’s software
- Design and development of new components or client integrations according to client
specifications and business rules. This includes participation in architectural design, screen
layouts, processing logic and database design.
- Establish reliable estimates for each work product
- Work with other software engineers in their development and testing efforts, including the
assignment of tasks, monitoring of progress and management of code review sessions
- Provide diagnostic support for existing integration applications
- Follow the Software Implementation Life Cycle to ensure all software is designed and developed
in a controlled, validated environment
- Liaise with Quality Control personnel as necessary to help with developed code testing.
- Develop, maintain and deliver technical training class courseware & materials
- Arrange, conduct and record code reviews, provide feedback to other engineers, and
insure that lessons-learned are understood and result in changed future behaviors
- Provide consulting to Medidata internal and external clients
- Sufficient prior background in solution and/or web development and delivery, troubleshooting and debugging existing software/application is necessary for this position
- Basic understanding of Git and how it functions in a shared team development environment is great to have, and will serve you well in the position
- Some basic prior experience in working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services is preferred
- Ability to produce quality software under tight time constraints with minimal oversight
- Ability to liaise with the clients, manage client expectations, manage scope creep, and maintain
the defined schedule
- Excellent verbal / written communication and organizational skills required
- Excellent computer skills, public speaking, presentation and teaching skills required
- Excellence with Google Suite, MS Office Suite; Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Must be fluent in Japanese. Business level English preferred
Your Education & Experience:
- 4 year undergraduate degree and 4+ years of experience with relevant programming technologies such as C#, Java and SQL or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four-year college degree preferably in computer science, information systems or mathematics
- Life Sciences experience a plus
- Experience working with an industry-standard SDLC
- Familiarity with automated deployment controls and procedures
- Experience maintaining a shared code base thru version control systems
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Back to top