Solution Consultant II
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata Solution Consultant II (Presales Engineer) assists Partner Sales Representatives in the presentation, demonstration and sale of Medidata applications and services. The partner SC is the application and technical lead for assigned sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. Also lead technical presenter in customer facing events.
Works closely with key stakeholders (CO, DM, QA, PV…) within the partner account to establish and deliver on joint account strategy. This role is intended to focus on long-term success by mapping out mutual wins and directing operational teams towards optimal delivery, as well as evangelizing new aspects of how MCC can further benefit the partner.
The Solution Consultant II is the application and technical lead for assigned sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. The Solution Consultant II is the lead technical presenter in customer facing events and works closely with key stakeholders (CO, DM, QA, PV…) within the partner account to establish and deliver on joint account strategy. This role is intended to focus on long-term success by mapping out mutual wins and directing operational teams towards optimal delivery, as well as evangelizing new aspects of how MCC can further benefit the partner
- Understanding customer operation process
- Identifying pain points and unmet requirements
- Lead customer needs analysis discussions
- Guide the preparation of standard or custom demonstration environments
- Participate in product demonstrations and/or booth support activities at trade show events
- Lead application and/or technical product demonstrations
- Conduct product seminars
- Assist with preparation of professional services estimates for inclusion in formal customer proposals
- Assist with completion of application and/or technical RFI/RFP responses
- Support effective transition of new accounts to Professional Services team
- Partner’s health check regular basis
- Updating product new release information to partner
- Recognizing additional needs of training and product accreditation
- Delivery general knowledge about product
- Cover general questions about product
- Educate industry trend and knowledge related to Medidata business area
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Solid analytical and technical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner.
- Command of native level Chinese (read, write and speak) and business level English required.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years clinical exposure or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred
- Exposure to clinical data management applications and/or concepts
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Rochelle R.Director of Global Engagement
Rochelle oversees Medidata’s company-wide diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives, executing and analyzing engagement surveys that allow her to create and complete important action items.
Back to top