Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata Solution Consultants (Presales Engineers) assist Sales Representatives in the presentation, demonstration and sale of Medidata applications and services. The Solution Specialist is the application and technical lead for assigned sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. The Solution Specialist is the lead technical presenter in customer facing events.
• Lead customer needs analysis discussions
• Guide the preparation of standard or custom demonstration environments
• Participate in product demonstrations and/or booth support activities at trade show events
• Lead application and/or technical product demonstrations
• Conduct web-based product seminars
• Assist with preparation of professional services estimates for inclusion in formal customer proposals
• Assist with completion of application and/or technical RFI/RFP responses
• Support effective transition of new accounts to Professional Services team
• Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
• Exposure to clinical trials applications and/or key business concepts
• Working knowledge of clinical trial operations
• Minimum of three years of previous technical sales consulting experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid analytical and technical skills
• Exposure to formal sales methodologies
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
• Requires a minimum of 5 years clinical exposure or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top