Software Test Engineer / Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
The Software Test Engineer / Quality Assurance (QA) Tester is responsible for testing products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision.
1. Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
2. Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
3. Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
4. Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
5. Collaborate with developers/business analysts to design tests.
6. Generate test ideas and heuristics.
7. Create test charters and checks.
8. Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
9. Adhere to Medidata's SOPs and Agile practices.
10. Execute test charters within sessions
11. Analyze results of test sessions.
12. Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
13. Apply basic problem solving skills.
14. Collaborate with other scrum team(s) and stakeholders.
15. Make continuous self-education a priority.
16. Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
Must Have(s)/Required Experience:
1. Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies and testing techniques (e.g. session-based test management
2. Must be able to communicate project and product knowledge clearly with all team members and with cross-functional team
3. Analyze stories or requirements to create efficient test
4. Passion for continuing education and improving product quality through interaction with development team
5. Ability to draw meaningful conclusions on the probable impact based on the code changes
Nice to Have(s)/Preferred Experience:
- Have exposure to context-driven testing methodology
2. Experience in testing applications developed with the following technologies: 3. Ruby on Rails, REST API, AWS and service oriented architectures
4. Hands on with Ruby and REST API testing
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent 3-5 years of work experience is preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.Our Leadership Drivers:
THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top