Software Test Engineer Intern – Summer 2018
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is more than an innovative tech company. We sit at the intersection of Technology and Life Sciences industries, and are a founder-led community of passionate people who are transforming clinical development. We’re taking the lead and demonstrating the possibilities of what cloud technology can do to make the science of drug development better, improving the lives of patients everywhere.
With our singular focus on clinical development in life sciences, our team provides applications, analytics and benchmarks that not only make current trial processes run better, but also transform them to be more efficient, productive and streamlined. Medidata is committed to providing all members of the clinical team—researchers, clinicians and patients—with the most advanced tools for planning and managing their clinical studies, generating value for by powering trials that run faster, have less risk, higher quality and require fewer resources. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 900 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 13,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
We are more than a cool tech company…
Medidata is disrupting the industry using big data analytics, web development, mobile health & cloud technology.
Medidata has grown from supporting one aspect of the clinical trial lifecycle with our pilot product, Rave, to supporting all levels of this lifecycle via our platform of products, branded the Medidata Clinical Cloud. As each one of our products has been developed over different periods throughout the past 18 years, you will see that our engineering teams are using a variety of different technical stacks. Rave, our flagship product, is written in C# and was built by our co-founder, Glen de Vries. Using leading-edge, open source frameworks and cross functional development methods, we’re building the services and applications that are the backbone of our cloud-hosted technology. And, with data from thousands of Medidata-powered clinical trials at our fingertips (think BIG data), we’re sitting atop a trove of powerful information that we can use to transform the life sciences industry.
Medidata’s Summer Internship 2018 Programme:
The Medidata Summer Internship Programme is a 9-week long programme that allows for students to gain exposure to our unique business, and our industry-leading Clinical Technology. By being a part of our global organisation, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. Our interns get the opportunity to grow their network, and enhance their skill set; leveraging what they've learned in school, while also being challenged with meaningful projects that drive impactful changes to our business. From day one, our intern’s receive formal and informal training to help them excel in their new roles. Our inclusive and collaborative environment encourages them to bring their unique & diverse perspectives to the table.
Our Quality Assurance Engineer Engineering function runs out of London, New York, San Francisco & Tokyo offices. Working in an Agile environment, you will work on Medidata’s next generation clinical trial management applications. We are high performing team who are at the forefront of applying new and exciting testing practices.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the right team focus and a pro-active attitude, critical thinking accompanied with a strong interest in pursuing a career in Software Testing, or expanding their knowledge in this area.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Create test charters and test scenarios
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
- Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders.
- Maintain and evolve our testing environments, as applicable
- Develop test tools to assist testing, as required
- Collaborate with other Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts
- Actively participate in the Scrum ceremonies
- 2nd year student pursuing a degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science.
- Strong understanding of SDLC, and testing activities a plus
- Good problem solving skills/conflict resolution, critical thinking, attention to details and self-driven
- Strong communication skills, able to work effectively on effectively on a team
- Knowledge of testing standards and good industry practices would be a bonus
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly to be able to contribute to the fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with cloud management stacks e.g. AWS, would be a bonus
- Familiar with pair testing techniques
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top