(Singapore) Market Development Specialist
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Market Development Specialist plays a strategic role in identifying and developing new potential customers or unexplored markets. The responsibilities of a Market Development Specialist include:
- Stays up to date on trends in eClinical Technology and Life Sciences industries
- Learn and maintain knowledge of Medidata’s products and solutions, as well as competitive landscape
- Explores trendsetter ideas by researching industry related publications and announcements, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Applies market and customer intelligence to identify new potential markets and customers
- Discovers and qualifies potential business opportunities by acquiring and nurturing new potential markets and customers
- Collaborate with the Field Sales and Marketing team on sales and marketing strategy
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Research target companies on Internet, industry publications, and third party tools to identify new buying centers
- Place outbound calls to build relationships with new buying centers and source for leads
- Follow up on Marketing-generated leads
- Educate prospects on Medidata’s products and solutions
- Support Field Sales to identify and mature opportunities within the target territories
- Coordinate warm lead hand off to Field Sales
- Maintain records of correspondence in sales force automation tool
- Cold calling experience covering Australia markets
- Proven software or SaaS (eClinical Technology and Life Sciences preferred) experience in Australia and Singapore
- Executive level discussions from VP to CXO and solution selling
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal prospecting and sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Self-motivating, highly disciplined and organized, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Command of fluent English. Korean language is a plus.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- 3 – 5 years of previous technical telesales experience required
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions International Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Back to top