Server-side Software Engineer
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata Solutions is seeking a passionate Software Engineer to join our Experimental Design development team. Our mission is to work with the absolute best engineers to provide pharmaceutical and biotech organizations with the most advanced tools for planning and managing their clinical trials.
We are continually building and improving our cloud-based clinical trial solution to put innovative technology and insightful data into the hands of researchers allowing new treatments to reach markets safely, efficiently and effectively.
If you are interested in applying your passion and skills to truly impact society in a positive way, please read on.
Software Applications Engineer(s) with 1-2+ years’ experience building cloud based web services. We work mainly in Ruby on Rails, but we’re interesting in finding high quality software engineers using other object-oriented languages.
You’ll need to demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self-motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented PaaS environment.
- Design and development of distributed services using Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Postgres amongst other tools.
- Knowledge of REST and experience in developing RESTful services
- Capability to develop scalable, highly performant code
- Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, UI engineers and UX designers, in an agile environment
- Ability to debug and analyze issues in a distributed SOA environment to find root causes and make technical impact assessments
- Can thrive working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- A desire to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including development of service contracts
- 1-2+ year’s development using Ruby, Java, Python or C#
- 1-2+ years’ experience with Object Oriented analysis and design
- Ability to effectively critique other’s code in Pull Requests
- Capacity to refactor code for purposes of efficiency, improved performance
- Experience with BDD and TDD and ability to apply appropriate design patterns
- Experience with rspec & cucumber or other unit test frameworks in other languages
- Ability to write acceptance criteria for features in simple business language
- Experience with complex SQL queries and database performance issues
- Use of a distributed source control system (such as Git)
- Experience with deploying to cloud hosting environments, such as AWS
- Healthcare and clinical trial domain experience a definite plus
- Experience with Ruby On Rails 4.X or 5.X a definite plus
- The minimum education level required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc.)
- The fields of study you would accept (Computer Science, I.T., etc.)
- The minimum years of experience you require overall
- The minimum years of experience you require in specific tasks, technologies, types of experience etc.
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top