Senior UX Designer
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The User Experience Designer must be a strong web-based/mobile application designer with the ability to push the limitations of the web to support user needs and business objectives with decisions based on ux methodologies. We are looking for a UX generalist with skills ranging from user/design research, interaction design, usability testing and visual design.
• Work closely with product managers, business analysts, visual designers and engineers
• Conduct user research (qualitative interviews, surveys, ethnographic observations, contextual inquiry, design research, workshops) to learn more about end users and potential product design opportunities
• Translate user research, customer feedback and real world workflows into digital experiences
• Create personas, user journeys and ux architecture maps
• Rapid ideation techniques to solve design problems
• Design wireframes for new and existing features
• Experience creating prototypes of different fidelities (paper sketches to interactive prototypes in Axure or related tools)
• Validation of designs through usability testing
• Define reusable interaction patterns
Your Education & Experience:
• 4+ years as an User Experience/Interaction Designer with an IA, UX or Visual Design background
• Experience conducting user research and usability testing
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills and experience implementing innovative user experience solutions
• Hands on experience working on large web-based and mobile applications in an agile work environment.
• Proficient in HTML, CSS and rapid prototype development
• Graphic or visual design experience a big plus!
• URL needed for portfolio review - please specify level of contribution for each item and include info about the process.
• BS/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or Graphic Design
• Health and/or Life Sciences industry experience a plus
•The minimum education level required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc.)
•The fields of study you would accept (Computer Science, I.T., etc.)
•The minimum years of experience you require overall
•The minimum years of experience you require in specific tasks, technologies, types of experience etc.
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top