Senior UX Designer
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 450 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 9,500 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
The User Experience Designer must be a strong web-based/mobile application designer with the ability to push the limitations of the web to support user needs and business objectives with decisions based on ux methodologies. We are looking for a UX generalist with skills ranging from user/design research, interaction design, usability testing and visual design.
• Work closely with product managers, business analysts, visual designers and engineers
• Conduct user research (qualitative interviews, surveys, ethnographic observations, contextual inquiry, design research, workshops) to learn more about end users and potential product design opportunities
• Translate user research, customer feedback and real world workflows into digital experiences
• Create personas, user journeys and ux architecture maps
• Rapid ideation techniques to solve design problems
• Design wireframes for new and existing features
• Experience creating prototypes of different fidelities (paper sketches to interactive prototypes in Axure or related tools)
• Validation of designs through usability testing
• Define reusable interaction patterns
• 4+ years as an User Experience/Interaction Designer with an IA, UX or Visual Design background
• Experience conducting user research and usability testing
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills and experience implementing innovative user experience solutions
• Hands on experience working on large web-based and mobile applications in an agile work environment.
• Proficient in HTML, CSS and rapid prototype development
• Graphic or visual design experience a big plus!
• URL needed for portfolio review - please specify level of contribution for each item and include info about the process.
• BS/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or Graphic Design
• Health and/or Life Sciences industry experience a plus
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top