Senior UX Designer
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata sits at the intersection of the Technology and Life Sciences industries. We are recognized globally as the market leader in application software and professional services for clinical trials - tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner.
We are publicly traded (MDSO) with operations in 12 countries, supporting over 700 customers and more than 10,000 clinical trials - customer retention rates are above 99%. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries.
Experience Design at Medidata:
Our Experience Design function is run out of London, New York & San Francisco. If you enjoy designing digital customer experiences and have an interest in understanding how the underlying technologies are used to bring a concept to life, this role based in our London office, could be ideal for you.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work on Medidata’s next generation of SaaS based clinical trial management applications and play a lead role in helping us provide value to our users.
Our philosophy here is that if you demonstrate the right team focus and proactive attitude, on the back of a solid foundation in user experience, we will train and invest in you to develop your experience.
As a Senior UX Designer:
- Provide solutions to complex business problems and validate them interacting with customers and subject-matter-expert
- Work closely with our clients and internal team to help shape solutions and to rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects
- Produce detailed user experience deliverables from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, site maps and user flows
- Be aware of new design patterns and provide solutions based on the selected patterns
- Present your ideas to a varied audience from product managers to technical architects and developers
- Ensure that stakeholders are consulted with at the right time and are kept up-to-date
- Work positively and productively with the developers, Business Analysts and the Product Owner
- Help the team present the work done to the clients and get useful feedback
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UX lifecycle
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around UX thinking
- Experience building interactive prototypes using tools like Axure, Invision
- Navigate comfortably between a mix of being “hands-on-in-the-detail” of projects and contributing to the wider program of work
- Clear evidence of collaborative, interdisciplinary working methods 4+ years experience Product/UX Design
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills
- Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems
- Prepared to challenge the status-quo - propose multiple solutions with pros and cons
- A well rounded UX designer with some great projects already in their portfolio
- Be willing to learn new tools as needed
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Back to top