Senior User Experience Designer
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata sits at the intersection of the Technology and Life Sciences industries. We are recognized globally as the market leader in application software and professional services for clinical trials - tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner.
We are publicly traded (MDSO) with operations in 12 countries, supporting over 700 customers and more than 10,000 clinical trials - customer retention rates are above 99%. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries.
The Sr. User Experience Designer must be a strong mobile/web-based application designer with the ability to help define the mobile context for our extensive product offerings. This role will tackle all aspects of the design process from research to prototyping and presenting to clients. This is a unique opportunity to help shape Medidata’s mobile applications and improve patient experience in clinical trials.
- Envision and craft innovate mobile experience for the Medidata mobile product offerings.
- Demonstrate mobile expertise and best practices to the broader design, technology and product teams.
- Develop concepts from idea to final design by leveraging a broad designer toolkit, from sketches, storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes to design prototypes, and detailed wireframe specs for platforms such as iOS, Android and Mobile Web.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, user workflow and task modeling, mobile interaction design, information architecture design, conceptual design, best practices in mobile design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts.
- Define reusable interaction patterns for mobile
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field.
- 4+ years of UX design experience.
- 2+ years' experience designing native apps for phones and tablets with expertise in platform standards for iOS and Android.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing
- Experience in leading design projects.
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Axure, Invision, Sketch, Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Familiar with user experience design methodologies including Agile
- Familiar in HTML, CSS and rapid prototype development
- URL needed for portfolio review - please specify level of contribution for each item and include info about the process.
- Health and/or Life Sciences industry experience a plus
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learnTEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top