Senior UI / Front End Application Engineer
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
Software Engineering at Medidata:
Our Software Engineering function is run out of London, New York, San Francisco & Tokyo. Working in a fully Agile environment, it is a high performing team that builds industry leading platforms and systems on today’s leading technologies, frameworks and platforms.
You will work on Medidata’s next generation of SaaS based clinical trial management applications, deployed on AWS and you will play a critical role in developing our new platform.
This is an amazing opportunity to apply your engineering skill set and collaborate with a team of highly skilled engineers. You will learn new technologies such as React and take advantage of the amazing learning opportunities provided by Medidata.
As an Agile Team Member
- Work with a team of engineers, testers and business analysts to build next generation, front-end applications in React
- Actively participate in the Scrum meetings
- Contribute in Scrum Artefacts
Competencies we are looking for:
- Exposure to framework technologies like React, Angular, Node.js
- Good understanding of CSS frameworks (Bootstrap), SASS, LESS
- Experience with TDD and BDD (Mocha, Chai, Cucumber)
- Good knowledge of git and git-flow
- Experience with RESTful web services API
Your Preferred Competencies:
- Development in SaaS and cloud-based environments
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Understanding of AWS, Docker
- Experience with the CI tools like travis, jenkins
- Be approachable and share learnings with the team.
- Strong people communication skills and a team player.
- Should be able to work with onsite and offshore teams.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems
- Prepared to challenge the status-quo - propose multiple solutions with pros and cons
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires strong related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience
More on Medidata
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
To learn more about a career at Medidata, please visit http://medidata.careers/.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top