Senior Test Engineer
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
Software Test Engineering at Medidata:
Our Software Test Engineering function runs out of London, New York, San Francisco & Tokyo offices. Working in an Agile environment, you will work on Medidata’s next generation clinical trial management applications. We are high performing team who are at the forefront of applying new and exciting testing practices.
We are also passionate about the career development of our testers via:
- In-house meet-ups
- In-house seminars with Test experts from the testing community
- Attending internal/ external testing conferences
- Emphasis on individual development
- A well-connected Medidata testing community with multiple avenues to learn and grow
- Testing library with the latest books around software testing
Our philosophy here at Medidata is that if you demonstrate the right team focus and a pro-active attitude, critical thinking accompanied with a solid foundation in testing, we are more than willing to train and invest in you to develop your experience.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics
- Create test charters and checks
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements
- Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce
Adhere to Medidata's SOPs and Agile practices
Collaborate with other Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts
- Actively participate in the Scrum ceremonies
- Drive and lead development of test strategies, activities across teams
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features
Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested
Attend all the sprint ceremonies and discuss testing issues alongside giving reasonable test estimates
What we are looking for in you:
- Proven experience as a Senior level tester in an agile environment
- Ability to understand Context Driven and Session Based testing
- Ability to communicate and discuss the principles of Context Driven testing / Rapid Software testing and demonstration of an aptitude to learn and grasp these at an accelerated pace.
- Make continuous self-education a priority.
- You keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems
- Be a critical thinker
- Ability to challenge the status-quo
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree - or equivalent work experience
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Back to top