Senior Test Engineer
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Senior Test Engineer is responsible for testing the products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision. This role participates in the coaching of other testers on some aspects of testing. The Senior Test Engineer also contributes to the creation of test strategies and diagnosis of complex issues.
- Undertake Context Driven, Exploratory and Session Based testing
- Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues
- Drive and lead prioritization of testing activities, across teams as needed
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features
- Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles
- Generate test ideas and heuristics
- Create test charters and checks
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements
- Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders
- Adhere to Medidata's SOPs and Agile practices
- Execute test charters within sessions
- Analyze results of test sessions, draw meaningful conclusions, and suggest actions
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce
- Apply basic problem solving skills
- Collaborate with other scrum team(s) and stakeholders
- Coach others on test strategy, test execution and the use of test tools
- Make continuous self-education a priority
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry
- Chairs Testing Guild Working Groups
- Ability to understand and execute Context Driven and Session Based testing
- Ability to test using Rapid Software Testing practices and principles
- Ability to contribute to the development of project test strategy
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert on a project
- Ability to Identify tasks/ dependencies/ risks during backlog grooming/planning
- Ability to provide reasonable test estimates
- Ability to proactively learn and apply test design principles
- Ability to create tests from stories/requirements
- Ability to execute tests and record test results
- Ability to communicate own ideas to other teams
- Ability to investigate and diagnose complex issues
- Ability to create effective test reporting
- Ability to work through problems
- Ability to articulate technical issues
- Possess problem solving abilities
- Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate issues
- Clinical industry experience is an asset
- Agile experience is preferred
- 5+ years relevant job experience
- Typically requires related experience and a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Back to top