Senior Technical Writer
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Technical Communicator creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational instructional or other procedures for multimedia or web-based publication. He/she conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation and researches and translates technical information into web-based knowledge articles for nontechnical and technical users.
- Research and understand Medidata’s software products, as well as technical processes
- Work with product owners, developers, testers, and other stakeholders to produce documentation deliverables
- Plan and organize new and existing content in knowledge spaces
- Translate complex technical concepts into clear, concise, and accurate content under tight deadlines
- Create, maintain and update online help, knowledge articles, and other technical documentation for assigned products
- Participate in 2 or more projects and meet all target deadlines
- Write content in accordance with Medidata’s Brand Standards
- Analyze content usage and feedback reports and recommend areas of improvement
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Build productive internal/external working relationships
- Work cooperatively with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Participate in UX design meetings regarding user messaging, screen design, as well as propose and implement Context Sensitive help (CSH) as necessary
- Deliver clear, effective communication, both verbally and in writing
- Identify problems and use logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives; recommend solutions to achieve desired outcome
- Proactively seek ways to use technology to optimize individual and team performance
- Prioritize work, planning and organizing work activities; manage several tasks/projects within tight deadlines
- Experience translating complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand, concise, and accurate user documentation required
- Experience building and maintaining content in Knowledge Bases and authoring in Confluence strongly preferred
- Basic programming skills and/or knowledge of programming languages preferred
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and meet pre-established deadlines required
- Experience working in an Agile environment required
- Proven knowledge of technical concepts such as databases, networks, and knowledge infrastructures through education and/or experience required
- Experience creating API documentation a plus
- Basic experience with standard TCS tools (For example, Readability, JIRA, Google Analytics) required
Your Education & Experience:
- 5-8 years of technical writing experience documenting software or online systems
- Master’s degree a plus
- 4-year degree in Technical Communication, English, Education, or Engineering/Scientific discipline required
- Project Management certification a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top