Senior Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Management Function initiates and facilitates support related discussions with assigned customers and develops strong relationships with key customer contacts. The focus of work is in delivering services which include troubleshooting, problem resolution, strategic planning, and proactive account management from a support perspective. This support and advisory role contribute to improving a client’s overall customer experience with Medidata.
● Respond to customer inquiries to determine appropriate resolution path or service improvement strategies
● The Sr. Technical Account Manager will meet with customers directly to facilitate the best approach for customer’s internal practices while deploying additional Medidata products into their organization.
● Maintain product, platform, and industry knowledge necessary to offer broad support to customers increasing the ability to recognize new business opportunities
● Facilitate strategic account discussions in conjunction with Sales and Professional Services, to ensure a positive customer experience
● Responsible for participating in assigned client audits of Medidata.
● Acts as a reference point for the entire team on most platform topics and is able to speak to all
● Develop and foster relationships with named client personnel for assigned accounts
● Work with other Medidata departments to meet service goals and achieve service level agreements (SLAs).
● Work with technical support team to ensure full understanding of client requirements and needs per market segment.
● Work with customers and/or partners to receive accurate information used to analyze and diagnose product and service issues
● Perform regular analysis of support issues to help determine and improve a customer’s satisfaction status
● Responsible for performing negative survey follow ups for assigned customers through outbound phone call
● Maintain confidentiality of any negative customer feedback resulting from negative survey follow-ups
● Monitor customer satisfaction and net promoter score to ensure company goals are met and create action plan if score is trending downwards
● Perform monthly trending to identify process improvements within Medidata or the customer/partner.
● Provide reports to management and customers as necessary and to fulfill any contractual obligations
● Identify, document, research and resolve service and product issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner
● Create and Maintain documentation to fast track on-boarding of new Technical Account Manager hires
● Create and Maintain documentation to standardize transfer of customers between market segments or Technical Account Manager
● Create and Maintain documentation to standardize client support approach including but not limited to schedule of meetings, reporting, meeting minutes
● Coordinate support resources for escalated issues, working in partnership with Tier 1 Helpdesk, Technical Support, Professional Services, and/or Product Development/Delivery teams
● Inform and instruct key contacts, as appropriate, on new products, features and best practices
● Participate, as needed, in the development of product documentation, User Manuals, Training Presentations, Exercises, Quick Reference Guides and Other Support Materials
● Maintain client specific data in appropriate Tracking Systems or reporting systems.
● Documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development
● Represent Customer Success in client audits
● 7+ years Experience in working in Customer Service customer facing environment supporting software or SaaS applications/technology/service offerings
● Minimum 5 years business experience
● Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
● Experience in people management
● Seasoned account manager that has a proven record of satisfying clients
● Customer Success & Client facing processes
● Exceptional communication skills (oral/written)
● Exceptional presentation skills
● Technology and PC skills including full MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint), Google Suite, help desk/issue resolution systems, CRM
● Travel availability 10-20%, international travel may be required; overnight and/or weekend travel may be required
● May be required to provide support after hours based on client need
● Valid US drivers license
● Office based position
● Four-year college degree (Bachelors of Science, Business, Management, Computer Science or similar field)
● Inside Sales, and/or Training (preferred information technology, pharmaceutical industry, clinical trials, regulatory, or medical field experience.)
● Background in account management and client relationship development
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top