Senior Supplier Manager - Travel
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
- Provide strategic Travel advice to business stakeholders
- Organize and participate in preparation of management information deliverables including recurring and ad-hoc reporting requirements for stakeholders
- Identify policy and program enhancement opportunities, that are aligned with business objectives
- Act as first point of response for escalated issues and coordinate successful resolution of issues
- Monitor travel provider service delivery against contracted SLAs / key account metrics and develop and lead actions required to address under-performance
- Oversee response to day-to-day business disruptions (e.g. strikes, minor weather delays, airline system outages, visas and private jets)
- Perform specific vendor management activities for targeted categories in region (e.g. ground transportation, rail, corporate apartments) under the direction of the Category owner
- Lead education and awareness activities (including the preparation and delivery of communication updates and stakeholder training)
- Provide oversight for transformation projects designed to support key business priorities
- Liaise with outsourced Travel Support Managers in other regions to ensure consistency of approach and execution of responsibilities, leveraging best practices
- Present and implement innovative solutions that support the customer’s overall business objectives
- Coordinate and lead communications and best practices around the execution of tactical / operational travel management activities
- Be responsible for actions, targets and goals as outlined in Medidata’s travel management agreements
- Provide regular and detailed communication on progress against performance targets including customer service level agreements
- Drive service consistency across regions and lead continuous improvement activities to improve service and savings opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, including ability to diagnose root causes and provide effective and sustainable solutions.
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills, along with strong initiative to proactively identify and manage both opportunities and issues.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong change and transition management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong project management and documentation skills
- Proven ability to successfully work independently on new projects and initiatives while also being able to collaborate with others when needed to achieve goals.
- Ability to overcome obstacles, troubleshoot and reach resolutions
- Be a self-starter
- Work independently
- Take initiative
- Collaborate well with other functions/departments
Your Education & Experience:
- Degree in business administration, finance, math or logistics
- 5+ years working with complex integrated vendor solutions in the field of travel management which includes managing high-level, strategic relationships.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top