Senior Strategic Services Account Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 450 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 9,500 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
As the Senior Strategic Services Account Manager - you are responsible for selling in our Professional services offering into our account base across EMEA. Our Professional Services teams offer unmatched expertise in clinical trials and broad knowledge across study phases and therapeutic areas. Our deep and unique understanding of the latest technology, R&D practices and business processes— including risk-based monitoring, clinical trial supply chain optimization, CRO governance and more—enables us to provide flexible implementation services, sponsor enablement and CRO partner support, and strategic consulting to maximize the value of your clients’ clinical research.
• Leveraging your proven sales ability - you will be hunting for and closing, Professional services opportunities across our existing and prospective accounts in EMEA
• Collaborating and partnering with our Global and Regional Account managers, and VP's of implementation services, to help manage the overall relationship and expectations with a sponsoring client or CRO from a professional services perspective for all services and deliverables across all Medidata functions
• Interfacing with the VP’s of Professional Services and their direct reports regularly about their account activities
• Presenting our Professional Services offerings, methodologies and support structures across new and existing accounts, to assist in bringing on new clients and expanding business in existing clients
• Advise of any potential customer issues and new business opportunities
• As an accomplished networker and influencer, you will be growing Medidata’s market penetration through relationship building, and providing a superlative customer experience
• Partnering with sales and professional services teams to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain referenceable clients
• Experience preferably in clinical or biomedical or software development environment - Electronic Clinical Data Management (eCDM) software consulting experience desirable
• Prior professional services project financial experience required
• Prior services delivery experience required
• Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills, public speaking, presentation and teaching skills
• Excellence with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellence with MS Project, project development and management
• Travel expectations up to 50 – 60 %, national
• Valid driver’s license & passport required
Your Education & Experience:
• Requires a four-year college degree or higher preferred, analytic discipline a plus; or equivalent years of experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in direct client facing service and sales engagements
• Requires a minimum of 7 years systems/software development project management experience, or equivalent years of experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top