Senior Storage Engineer
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Storage Engineer will be part of a team of storage engineers responsible for all functions relating to the planning, installation, configuration, and operations of our hosting storage environment. He/she must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, either individually or as part of a team. He/she must have knowledge and experience working with Hitachi, Netapp and Cisco technologies including storage arrays, network attached storage devices and various types of SAN fabrics. He/she will have experience working with various public cloud storage solutions. He/she will become an integral member of the on-going technology roadmap decision process
- Expert in design, installation, integration, and troubleshooting of storage platforms for database servers, file servers, web servers, clustered and virtualized servers
- Expert in the design, implementation and troubleshooting of fiber channel storage area networks (SAN)
- Experience working with various network attached storage systems (NAS)
- Expert in Hitachi, Netapp, Cisco and Brocade storage hardware
- Experience with Hitachi Universal Replicator (HUR) and management of disaster recovery data replication to ensure data recoverability
- Experience working with various public cloud solutions such as AWS, Google and Azure
- Maintain partnerships and leverage market technologies associated with storage vendors, product enhancements and product roadmaps
- Develop, implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection
- Assist with providing current storage usage and performance metrics along with projected future growth estimates
- Experience in various forms of automation for provisioning while constantly looking for ways to automate and evolving inefficiencies within the environment
- Establish and maintain documentation of the current technology state and effectively propose enhancements
- Experience with Cisco UCS
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Lead architecture discussion and drive standardization
- Demonstrable understanding of system administration best practices and procedures
- Follow a change management process in an Agile project management work environment
- Client need analysis, problem solving, multi-tasking, strong interpersonal skills, documentation of operational issues and solutions, mentoring and transfer of knowledge
- Effective experience in documentation to clearly articulate technical designs, issues/constraints, procedures, etc.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills including writing technical proposals for management review and documentation for first and second level support services
- Must be available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week on an emergency basis for troubleshooting
- Ability to work and solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Some travel to be expected
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Hitachi, Netapp, Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Linux, or similar certification is a plus but equivalent support and field proven experience will be considered
- The minimum education level required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc.)
- The fields of study you would accept (Computer Science, I.T., etc.)
- The minimum years of experience you require overall
- The minimum years of experience you require in specific tasks, technologies, types of experience etc.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top