Senior Software Engineer (Ruby, Java, or Python)
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Work on core data integration services which enable Medidata’s next generation of SaaS based clinical trial management applications
- Play a key role designing, testing, developing critical customer features collaboration with team members across different engineering functions
- Write efficient and maintainable code including automated tests for business critical components
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Test Engineers, Professional Services members with diverse technology backgrounds
- Debug and mitigate issues in production
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior software engineers
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience in software engineering or MS degree and 3+ years experience. (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Strong software development experience in one more general programming languages (Preferably RoR, Java and Python)
- Experience with working on distributed and business critical systems
- Ability to break down complex business requirements to technical design and deliverables
- Experience designing and developing RESTful Web Services (Preferably using Java)
- Strong database skills. Database design, query optimization.
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Redis, EC2, ECS
- Ability to work independently and deliver results with effective time management
- Strong communication and cross team collaboration skills
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve yourself and your team
- Passion towards quality code and delivering reliable and maintainable solutions
- You have strong opinions which are weakly held
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top