Senior Project Manager, Engineering and Design - Level 1
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
We have an opportunity for a strong agile Sr. Project Manager to join our team in NYC, developing clinical cloud solutions at Medidata. As this is one of our key solutions, you will be used to managing software development in mid/ large teams. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within defined timelines.
The Project Manager will also work across the portfolio with Product Managers, functional stakeholders and management to ensure standardized processes are established across the software development lifecycle and release management to drive the development of high quality, high value software products within an Agile environment.
• Full accountability for the management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects.
Manage the complete Software Development Lifecycle.
• Serve as the primary interface between Product Management, Research and Development, and IT on deliverables, timelines, priorities and issues regarding the project.
• Oversight of one or more vertical teams in the agile environment. Pro-active communication with all stakeholders.
• Oversee product releases of your assigned project(s) by coordinating Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Technical Communications, Knowledge Management, Internal Compliance, Application Support, Delivery Services, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Reporting, and Technical Communicators.
• Anticipate risks to your assigned project(s) and across all portfolios/projects and communicate these risks/issues to management, and offer creative solutions.
• Responsible for deliverables including project plans, issues lists, status reports, and meeting agendas with action items.
• Responsible for the tracking documentation, including specifications, validation plans, installation/operational/performance qualifications, validation summaries, etc.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of core products.
Agile / Scrum Responsibilities:
• Schedule and facilitate daily SCRUM meetings with the agile teams to review cross-project progress and issues, including deliverables and action items.
• Schedules and leads the sprint planning and release planning exercises. PM will facilitate the brainstorming sessions (backlog grooming during each sprint).
• Leads product teams in adopting Agile / Scrum methodology via training and coaching. PM will encourage self-organized teams, but is accountable for Agile usage.
• Communication Skills:
o Clearly communicates with team Active participant in discussions Can successfully lead discussions when expected to do so Has excellent written skills. Can create presentation materials.
• Leadership Skills:
o Viewed as a competent, valued contributor to the team Capable of guiding/leading meetings and discussions
Your Education & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of software development and/or project management experience is required
• Background in applying rigorous project management practices preferred
• Scrum Master Certification preferred,
• PMI certification (for example, PMP or PMI-ACP Certification) is preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top