Senior Product Owner
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Medidata team is looking for a smart, driven Senior Product Owner to help drive our Mobile Health solutions to the next level. We’re harnessing a quickly growing trend within life sciences industry to elevate the patient’s voice throughout the clinical trial process, by enabling the capture of patient data in the real world, and engaging patients to ensure a higher quality experience. We’re utilizing the technology already in the pockets of most patients today, and taking advantage of the latest trends in apps, wearable sensors, and SDKs to push life sciences to rethink clinical trials in the 21st century.
The Senior Product Owner is a key position within the mHealth product team, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management. In this role, you’ll drive delivery for new features of our mobile health API based products, overseeing a complete solution of SDKs, ingestion points, and integrated ecosystem partners that together support a new paradigm of mobile data collection reshaping the future of clinical trials. You’ll utilize knowledge of mobile, sensors, and data analytics to drive a complete solution that captures, integrates, and analyzes mobile clinical data streams.
• Help identify and drive the integration of cutting edge wearable medical sensors into the Medidata platform
• Help shape product strategy and roadmap
• Be a leader, backlog owner, and end-user expert for a cross-functional Agile team of developers, quality assurance, online help and training authors, and UX designers
• Interact with product managers, internal subject matter experts, and customer end-users to understand and define the key problems, requirements, workflows, and define solutions
• Create detailed use cases, supporting functional requirements, workflows, user stories and acceptance criteria
• Work closely with User Experience designers to develop and approve user experience flows and designs
• Work closely with development team in an Agile SCRUM environment to refine, prioritize and support the development, testing and release of functionality
• Support and lead key internal cross-functional activities necessary for successful product release
• Lead customer feedback sessions, preparing presentations and engaging end users effectively to define innovative solutions
• Create presentations and demos to help train internal teams and educate customer users on roadmap and new functionality
• Review, prioritize, comment and follow-up on product defects
• Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external customers
• Quickly and easily translate business requirements into functional requirements, well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria.
• Lead and participate in customer conversations and focus groups to ensure full understanding of the problems, their solutions, and the processes surrounding them.
• Work with engineering, user experience and software quality assurance to ensure the defined functional requirements are properly interpreted and implemented.
• Collaborate with project management, professional services, customer care, sales, marketing, service delivery, training, and user documentation teams to successfully launch new features and enhancements.
Your Preferred Competencies:
• Passion for creating customer value through innovative technology solutions
• Results-driven, data-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
• Strong presentation and verbal / written communication skills
• Superior analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and critical thinking abilities
• Must have passion for and experience with turning data into valuable information and knowledge
• Strong people skills to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required;
• 4+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Product Manager
• Bachelor of Science degree
• Experience with:
o Data integration products, ideally integrating data from multiple sources via API or mobile SDK
o Defining functionality and managing a story backlog using the Agile methodology and tools
o Working with Agile development teams to successfully deliver enterprise software products
o Nice to have but not required: familiarity with wearable sensors and/or mobile healthcare apps
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top