Senior Product Owner
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Product Owner defines stories, prioritizes backlog and approves completed stories in order to achieve product or program goals. The Senior PO acts as a key agile stakeholder and subject matter expert for the product.
• Plans and executes features for a product
• Participates in release planning
• Leads and ensures feature delivery and release shipment per Medidata’s SDLC process
• Leads feature grooming and story mapping sessions and with Dev Team: Defines A's and B's, and propose first release scope proposal to managers
• Collaborates with Business Analyst, Author of user stories, on feature analysis including Business process flows, UI design briefings, data flow diagrams and system architecture decisions
• Collaborates with Technical leads and Architects to define technical implementation and secures alignment with Platform services and design
• Partners with peers across product group to stay up-to-date with Platform development and manage cross-team dependencies
• Consult in Agile meetings on business requirements and objectives
• Provide supporting documentation and training to Technical Communications, Professional Services, Customer Care, and Service Delivery on owned feature or feature sets.
• Propose and finalize prioritization with other Product team members.
• Conduct internal stakeholder meetings
• Participate and conduct external customer focus groups on owned features and roadmap
• Prepare and deliver new product awareness seminars
• Ensure clear communication and escalation of production issues
• Proven experience in a Product Owner or Business Analysis role
• Experience in managing/collaborating with offshore development teams is essential
• Relevant experience with SaaS products is key - any exposure to Life Sciences is a benefit but not essential
• Agile experience strongly preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present to internal stakeholders and external customers
• Ability to interact with technical resources and effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
• Ability to translate business needs to a technical team
• Critical thinking: Analysis and problem solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
• Must have passion for turning data into valuable information and knowledge
• Technical/software development experience a plus
• Results-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top