Senior Product Owner
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Medidata team is looking for a smart, driven Senior Product Owner to help drive our clinical trial site Payments solution. This role will interface with industry experts, product managers, engineers, operations, and user experience designers to solve exciting challenges. The ultimate measure of success will be creation of innovative solutions that will be eagerly purchased and easily adopted by pharma companies and clinical research organizations of all sizes.
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
● Be a leader, backlog owner, and end-user expert for a cross-functional Agile team of developers, quality assurance, online help and training authors, and UX designers
● Interact with product managers, internal subject matter experts, and customer end-users to understand and define the key problems, requirements, workflows, and define solutions
● Create detailed use cases, supporting functional requirements, workflows, user stories and acceptance criteria
● Work closely with User Experience designers to develop and approve user experience flows and designs
● Work closely with development team in an Agile SCRUM environment to refine, prioritize and support the development, testing and release of functionality
● Support and lead key internal cross-functional activities necessary for successful product release
● Collaborate with Product Manager on complex business requirements and designs
● Lead customer feedback sessions, preparing presentations and engaging end users effectively to define innovative solutions
● Create presentations and demos to help train internal teams and educate customer users on new functionality
● Review, prioritize, comment and follow-up on product defects
● Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external customers
The Ideal Candidate can:
● Quickly and easily translate business requirements into functional requirements, well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria.
● Lead and participate in customer conversations and focus groups to ensure full understanding of the problems, their solutions, and the processes surrounding them.
● Work with engineering, user experience and software quality assurance to ensure the defined functional requirements are properly interpreted and implemented.
● Collaborate with project management, professional services, customer care, sales, marketing, service delivery, training, and user documentation teams to successfully launch new features and enhancements.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Significant experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner, or Product Manager
● Experience with complex SaaS enterprise solutions and large clients
○ Examples include: ERP, supply chain, B2B payment, vendor management
● Experience defining functionality and managing a story backlog using the Agile methodology and tools
● Experience working with Agile development teams to successfully deliver enterprise software products
● Passion for creating customer value through innovative technology solutions
● Results-driven, data-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
● Strong presentation and verbal / written communication skills
○ Sufficient to present to internal stakeholders
○ Sufficient to present to external customers
● Superior analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and critical thinking abilities
● Must have passion for turning data into valuable information and knowledge
● Strong people skills to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
● University degree
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top