Senior Manager, Product Management
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Own the product vision and maintain the product roadmap
- Understands market trends, competitor forces, and regional and global industry regulations
- Performs analysis on technical, operational, and market considerations for new product development and differentiation
- Works with the Pricing team on strategies and evaluates product positioning to ultimately recommend whether to invest, sustain, or retire products
- Communicates with external clients and partners
- Is the voice of the product owner to management
- Supports the sales team with sales cycle documentation and presentations
- Presents roadmap presentations to clients and partners
- Identifies opportunities and execute cross-team product and strategy collaborations
- Performs cost-benefit analyses and recommend plans-of-action to senior management
- Creates data-driven revenue goals and propose budget requests to meet said goals
- Contributes to thought-leadership knowledge sharing through internal blogs
- Participates in key client meetings
- Intelligently pulls in other stakeholders to help manage customer relationship as needed
- Helps drive or lead customer meeting prep across multiple stakeholders.
- Works with internal stakeholders to identify how we can expand a customer relationship, and implements said plan across the organization.
- Defines GTM strategy and defines Product strategy, including detailed segmentation, differentiation, and vision.
- Presents completed business plans to managers/VPs to help shape product strategy and gain budget approval
- Identifies and recruits talent to ensure effective mix of competencies within the team
- Effectively on-boards new hires in order to quickly maximize performance
- Sets and communicates team/individual objectives and key performance indicators to motivate individuals to achieve high performance
- Allocates workload to fully utilize every employee’s skills and abilities
- Implements development plans and coaches individuals to reach their maximum potential
- Provides ongoing constructive feedback on performance and addresses development needs in a timely manner
- Recognizes high performers to maintain motivation and retains key talent
- Regularly communicates relevant company information and progress against business plan
- Provides opportunities for team development and interaction
- Inspires a purpose: Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action
- Articulates Strategy: Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
- Simplifies Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Builds Relationships: Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Fosters Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Plans ahead: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Scales for Growth: knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Self-aware: Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Values differences: Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Strives to learn: actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Coaches others: Develops people to meet both their career and the organization’s goals
- Inspires work: Provides direction and delegation, removes obstacles to get work done
- Builds teams: Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- University degree, preferably in business, marketing or related discipline
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years with BS, 8+ years with MS
- Relevant experience with SaaS products and/or Life Sciences
- Agile experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience of face-to-face working with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top