Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com ;
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Senior Manager, Information Systems, works within Medidata’s Technology Practice, to help automate critical business systems, functions, and processes, improve business intelligence and reporting across the enterprise, and manage team members, and maintain vendor relationships at all levels.
The successful candidate will contribute to the success of the Infrastructure Engineering Group by making fundamental improvements in how information is managed, business processes are operated, physical processes are controlled, and work flow is directed to efficiently achieve the integration and orchestration of all activities required for global enterprise effectiveness. He or she will attend strategic cross-functional meetings to facilitate the optimization of processes through implementation of solutions that enable enterprise-wide information knowledge management.
• Provide leadership in planning, designing, implementing and managing strategic Infrastructure projects, including oversight and supervision of third party consultants and system integrators
• Proactively identifies value opportunities, defines a business innovation roadmap, and regularly validates direction with senior management
• Drives cross-functional operational excellence, including process, with or without technology requirements
• Ensure Infrastructure Engineering representation within company operations to develop, support and maintain business/Infrastructure strategy.
• Manage project managers, and coordinate project activities to design, source and implement new business capabilities as necessary to deliver strategic automation.
• Architects solutions and manages projects to successful completion
• Provide guidance to project teams on defining business needs, articulating solutions and approaches for addressing business needs, and presenting business cases for proposed solutions.
• Review project deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards. Participate in quality management reviews.
• Staff development, coaching and oversight for Medidata Infrastructure Engineering staff and contingent workers
• Identify and communicate any cross-area or cross-release issues that may affect other areas of the project.
• Support application development and test teams.
• Ensures an external customer-focused outcome on solution implementations
• Ensures proper user adoption and training by working with business unit
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Related advanced business degrees preferred
• 5 years of SaaS Information Systems experience
• 3-5 years directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading diverse teams
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
• Experience building productive working relationships across the entire company.
• Strong leadership, project management, and organizational change management skills.
• Good overall understanding of SaaS business, sales, customer service, and finance.
• Ability to align multiple stakeholders towards a desired outcome. Operates as an effective facilitator and capable of driving discussions in meeting or workshop settings.
• Ability to plan, socialize, and drive project efforts to desired outcomes.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top