Senior Manager, Engineering
- London, United Kingdom
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is looking for an experienced Senior Manager or Director of Engineering to lead our Grants Manager & Grants Planning solutions. This person will be responsible for the effectiveness of the Engineering team as they design, implement, deploy and operate 2 of our key solutions. This position reports to the Snr Director, Engineering.
- Build a new team located in London and in India with the right skills and cultural alignment ro operate effectively at Medidata
- Mentor and direct back-end engineers and web developers
- Keep your Engineering team unified, motivated and connected to the goals of the organization
- Stay connected to the wider engineering community and recruit top talent
- Continuously improve team processes and validate scope estimations
- Be a hands-on code contributor with a primary focus on the front-end
- Lead technical design initiatives ranging from roadmap approach to new technology adoption
- Maintain a deep knowledge of industry trends and best practices
- Professional experience designing, building, and maintaining large consumer or enterprise-facing web sites
- Experience managing or leading engineers
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Experience with responsive design and one or more responsive design frameworks
- Extensive experience with modern java script technologies and OOP patterns within js frameworks
- Experience in Ruby on Rails advantageous.
Your Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Experience with SaaS a major plus
- Experience with a variety of web languages and frameworks a plus, especially Ruby on Rails
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top