Senior Lead Systems Architect
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 450 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Working within the Medidata organization, this individual is required to demonstrate technical architectural leadership, playing a vital role in the design of Medidata Clinical Cloud customer facing data systems. The candidate must be able to think independently, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex business and technical problems. The candidate will provide direct support to the Medidata Engineering towards data standards and to technical leadership towards master data and governance.
● Define, communicate, influence and maintain the long-term strategic live systems data architecture for Medidata.
● Work closely with application and solution architects to design data services that are scalable, reliable and highly available to Medidata’s customers and internal business users.
● Translate technical concepts into costs and risks to the business and adjust technology strategy and tactical efforts to meet Medidata’s corporate objectives.
● Define and develop data standards, procedures, guidelines, policies and lifecycles that meet Medidata’s strategic information requirements.
● Perform data modeling activities. Responsible for conceptual, logical, and physical schemas. Perform throughput and capacity analysis.
● Consult, review, and approve database changes. Advise developers with best RDBMS practices and patterns.
● Drive or consult on new technology evaluations that evolve Medidata’s ability to transform data into information and insight.
● Help build and evolve Medidata’s data architecture into a world class, cost-effective enterprise data management system.
● Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
● Ability to clearly articulate business and technical issues with senior management, peers, and outside parties (e.g. vendors, partners).
● Current knowledge of industry trends and technology advancements in data management.
● Experience designing for large scale, highly available, fault tolerant data management systems in a dynamic environment.
● Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling for OLTP, DSS and DW data management systems.
● Expertise with at least one enterprise level data modeling tool such as ERwin, ER/Studio or PowerDesigner.
● Experience designing and maintaining schema for major CRM, ERP application vendors.
● Proficient SQL skills. Understanding of a major RDBMS e.g., Oracle, Postgress, SQL Server. Table types, index types, partitioning schemes,etc.
● Solid understanding of ETL architectures, data movement technologies and business information systems.
● Must have developed and enforced data standards in a previous experience.
● Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills, particularly as it relates to data modeling and data of the enterprise.
● Ability to quickly learn and comprehend existing complex systems infrastructures.
● Knowledge of RDBMS is required.
● Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop, hBase and other noSQL data structures is plus.
● Experience with Amazong Web Services (AWS) and/or data design for cloud computing/multi-tentant/distributed systems is highly desired.
● Experience work in Agile and federated architecture organizations is also a plus
● Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top