Senior Lead Enterprise Architect
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata sits at the intersection of technology and the life sciences. We are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. We are at the forefront of the current transformation in the life sciences industry providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata is looking for a senior enterprise architect to lead the architecture and implementation of Medidata's clinical trial platform which includes Rave, RaveX, Balance, Coder, and other applications and microservices related to capturing and cleaning clinical data. The candidate must demonstrate technical architectural leadership for this vital role in the design of the Medidata Clinical Cloud. As a senior enterprise architect, they will act as the bridge between business goals and the realized system and create the artifacts that guide the building of a large, aligned, microservices oriented architecture.
The candidate can think independently, analyze, troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate complex business and technical problems in order to build scalable, sustainable, multi-region solutions across multiple teams. The architect’s responsibilities encompass the full application lifecycle from mapping business requirements to architecture, creating documentation for the technical alignment of a large organization, communicating technical designs, assisting in implementation, ensuring the solutions can be monitored, and ensuring an environment hospitable to engineers and the rapid release of customer features.
Because Mdsol is a regulated company that provides life critical solutions for clinical trials, the candidate will also be involved in the validation and testing of the Medidata Platform to ensure safety and regulatory compliance. The candidate is someone who not only can research and design flexible, sustainable, scalable architectures, but someone who likes to code and get their hands dirty. They are passionate about their solutions and will inspire people to realize their visions. They understand a successful architect is in equal parts technically savvy and emotionally attuned to the needs, struggles, and goals of the teams they collaborate with.
Responsibilities include the following:
● Define, communicate, influence and maintain the long-term strategic architecture for Medidata.
● Work closely with product, architecture, and engineering teams to design services and applications that are scalable, reliable and highly available.
● Access the risks and costs of architecture designs and make the necessary adjustments to meet Medidata’s corporate objectives.
● Define and develop architecture standards, procedures, guidelines, policies and lifecycles that meet Medidata’s strategic requirements.
● Drive and consult on the adoption of new technology that the evolve Medidata’s Platform.
● Mentor and help develop architecture and engineering talent.
● 10+ years related work experience in at least 3 IT disciplines (technical architecture, solution/application architecture, application development, middleware design, operations).
● 5+ years architecting enterprise and data intensive solutions.
● Identity and Access Management experience is a plus.
● Demonstrated experience with business process and performance modeling, benchmarking, and financial analysis.
● Experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps
● Experience designing and managing complex infrastructure and cloud solutions
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts applicable to the design and operations of scalable distributed systems.
● Experience designing for large scale, highly available, fault tolerant transactional and analytical systems in a dynamic environment.
● Exposure to ETL architectures, data movement technologies, data integration solutions, and business information systems.
● Ability to quickly learn and comprehend existing complex system infrastructures.
● Knowledge of RDBMS is required.
● Knowledge of Big Data, Streaming, Hadoop, hBase and other noSQL data systems.
● Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or data design for cloud computing/multi-tenant/distributed systems.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top