Senior Infrastructure Network Engineer
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata is looking for a seasoned Sr. Network Engineer that has a passion for technology to be a part of the Enterprise Network Engineering Team. If you are someone that keeps up with the latest Market Trends, has the aptitude to design cutting edge solutions to the evolving Infrastructure Technology needs of this fast growing company, then this job is for you. The work culture at Medidata encourages out of the box thinking, Innovation, Collaboration & Team work. It is a fun place to work and grow as a Technologist, be a part of a team that works on agile cloud based technologies in an ever changing world of advanced IT infrastructure.
- Contribute to and share ownership of tasks relating to planning, designing, implementation and operation of Medidata internal corporate infrastructure.
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes.
- Recommend and perform upgrades on systems to ensure uptime.
- Business Continuity Planning and responding to Disaster Recovery events.
- Ensure the infrastructure is properly monitored within set thresholds and that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner.
- Achieve all SLAs: functionality, availability, performance and security: VPNs, Wireless, and LAN/WAN.
- Troubleshoot and repair network-related problems, system failures, switching/routing, etc.
- Identify/diagnose network configuration and/or performance irregularities. Develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner.
- Provide timely issue resolutions by evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing of all requests/problems reported.
- Assists with creation/maintenance of customer service SLAs.
- Collaborate with Operations staff and others as required to resolve infrastructure operations.
- Actively participate in scheduled “Off-Hours”, “Weekend Work” and “On-Call Rotation Shifts” to provide 24x7 support.
- Solid understanding of Solarwinds, Nimbus or any other monitoring applications
- Capable of Installing, Maintaining and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Capable of maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless infrastructure
- Strong performance tuning and capacity planning experience; traffic trending analysis, network optimization
- Ability to design/architect and implement Routing/Switching Protocols utilizing Cisco Routers and Switches
- Ability to design and implement LAN/WAN technologies including MPLS and QoS (prioritization for voice and video)
- Ability to design/architect and implement Network Security technologies; Access control and VPN using Juniper/Palo Alto/Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Solid Understanding of Palo Alto Firewalls
- Ability to coordinate, implement and maintain various IPT technologies utilizing Cisco Unified Communication (i.e. SIP trunking, multiple cluster configuration, Unified Messaging)"
- Pro-efficient in Cisco Collaboration infrastructure implementation and configuration including (but not limited): Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco IM & Presence, Cisco Unity, UCCX CUBE, Expressway Core and Edge, Jabber, Webex
- Proven track record identifying and championing appropriate new technologies; ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Exceptionally organized, self-motivated and directed with ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Superior analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills with keen attention to detail
- Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removal
- Ability to lift and handle packages/hardware with the approximate weight of 50 pounds or more
- 5 % travel may be required in order to support global data centers and branch offices
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, Network Security in a Multi Tenancy Environment.
- Understanding AWS is a plus
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking
- Scripting (Perl/Shell/Powershell)
- Unix/Linux a plus
- IP Call Center Technologies
- SaaS and SaaS technologies
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computer Science; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience as a network engineer
- Experience at a large corporation with enterprise level exposure preferred
- CCNA, CCNP a Plus
- Any Team Lead Experience is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top