Senior Information Systems Engineer
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Information Systems Engineer is responsible for the implementation, configuration, administration and support of the collaboration tools used by Medidata.
The incumbent will partner with functional departmental subject matter experts including the collaboration manager to configure/develop and support collaboration tools used within Medidata.
- Manage ongoing Jive systems administration and related integrations to other systems
- Implement changes to Jive in conformance with change control policy
- Managing assigned projects within budget and timelines set
- Complies with Corporate processes and departmental standards
- Manage user acceptance tasks, including testing documents
- Manage work orders that describe particular issues, software bugs or problems
- Obtain data from internal systems and develop reports in Tableau for reporting
- Tile Development using Jive's API
- Maintain enterprise search engine & integration with Jive
- Own data integrity and security of assigned systems
- Own the data flow between assigned systems and external systems
- Ensure that assigned systems are meeting minimum service levels
- Incident Management and escalation of issues and outages
Liaison with business partners
- Partners with assigned business owners to design, implement and manage collaboration solutions; all to work in compliance with Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Implementation of corporate technologies in alignment with business goals
- Helps establish and monitor milestones, communicate essential information, coordinate associated activities, contribute information to team meetings and reports.
- Integrate solutions across functional lines, translate business needs into information technology (IT) solutions including computer platform, database, systems integration and security
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with SaaS business applications
- 2+ years experience configuring/developing custom tiles and integrations with Jive
- Experience identifying customer requirements and development of systems that support productivity improvements and enforce corporate policies and procedures
- Collaborative, team spirit
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL, Microsoft Access
- Four-year college degree; major in computer science, or comparable work experience
Your Education & Experience:
- 5+ years experience configuring/developing custom tiles and integrations with Jive
- Experience working in a regulated environment
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top