Senior Information Systems Engineer
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Information System Engineer will support internal use of enterprise software applications that allow the company and back office technical team to better operate its business. This support includes day to day activities, upgrades and system changes for a global mobile workforce.
● Application software support
● Modify, install, implement, test, and troubleshoot
• Explore SDLC productivity tools
● Stay current in technologies and systems being used by the company
● Demonstrate effective customer service skills; ability to learn and operate a variety of software programs
● Provide technical advice and instruction to non-technical staff
● Work with the end users to define and investigate system issues
● Perform write-up of the issue with resolutions and track system issues within an issues system
● Work directly with vendor contacts to resolve technical problems affecting the delivery of services and/or up-time related to software/application solutions
● Support effective streamlining processes to improve end user productivity
● Apply both technical skills and business training to solve issues
● Develop and test scripts to automate routine tasks
● Work with Enterprise Services (Desktop Support, Networking and Systems) staff to determine and resolve complex/high level problems
● Maintain and participate in Off-Hours rotational support schedule as needed
• Track record of exceptional customer service delivery
● Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
● Proven track record identifying and championing appropriate new technologies
● Independent analysis, excellent communication, and problem-solving skills
● Able to perform effectively in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment while maintaining a high level of service
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related experience
● Preferred experience in any of the following: Salesforce, FFDC, Apttus, Smartsheet, Workday
● 5-7 years of information technology (systems application) experience
● 3-5 years software support help desk and users diagnosing issues and providing resolutions
● 3-5 years building job aids, end user training / documentation, providing training webinars and videos
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top