Senior Field Marketing Manager
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
We are looking for a Senior Field Marketing Manager, based in the UK, reporting to the EMEA Marketing Director. You will be responsible for leading, executing and measuring the segment marketing plan, always ensuring strong alignment between marketing programs and sales objectives. You will partner and support EMEA sales teams, driving awareness, engagement, and demand generation for Medidata’s Clinical Cloud solutions. This role requires proactively engaging cross-functional teams across the organization.
The ideal candidate is a smart, creative individual, able to innovate in a fast-paced environment, with a “hands-on” approach to accomplish the work. You are a results-driven self-starter, who takes the initiative and doesn’t take no for an answer. You are adaptive and flexible, comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. You should be accountable, not be afraid to take ownership, and most importantly, not afraid try new approaches. You enjoy building personal relationships with sales reps and customers in your region and see yourself as an advocate to promote their successes.
As part of the EMEA Marketing team, we all work together to support our revenue goals and we own the success of our respective areas of focus.
- Work with the Sales team to develop and execute a marketing plan that will drive short and long term pipeline and revenue growth
- Manage all elements of the plan including planning with sales and corporate functions, budget, messaging, execution and reporting. Marketing plans will outline the programs and tactics, buyer personas, marketing assets, and budget requirements to achieve market awareness, business and revenue objectives.
- Execute awareness and demand generation programs utilizing a variety of tactics including (not limited to) executive engagement, seminars, webinars, on-site customer briefings, integrated campaigns, digital & social media, marketing automation, and in-person events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create top-of-funnel marketing assets such as customer reference stories, videos, social media copy and “air cover”, and demand generation programs
- Serve as the point-of-contact for the EMEA sales team for all things marketing
- Actively participate in local Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s)
- Partner with Corporate functions to ensure that EMEA priorities are included in the development of global campaigns
- Maintain working knowledge of products and solutions through training and research
- Track, measure, and report performance against established goals and metrics.
- Intimately track and understand the EMEA sales pipeline, driving marketing’s impact, always adapting to the change of sales cycles.
- Effectively manage budget allocated with quarterly accountability
- Some travel may be required, mostly within Western Europe and North America.
- Expertise in building and executing marketing plans and programs, focused on outcomes
- Experience collaborating with all levels in a Sales organization including account executives, technical consultants, regional management, and senior leadership
- Laser focus view on achieving goals and driving success.
- In-depth understanding of demand generation and marketing principles, strategies for technical and business buyers utilizing multiple marketing approaches
- Ability to be innovative and adaptive with respect to program creation and problem resolution, and ability to be process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows
- Ability to devise new and innovative communication methods and assets to articulate Medidata’s messages and value propositions to key target audience
- Ability to write effective, engaging, persona & segment based content to support campaigns
- Ability to leverage data and insights in the development of marketing programs
- Deliver on time and on target
- Knowledge of marketing processes, industry best practices, and marketing automation
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills to bring together stakeholders from disparate functional groups to enable program creation, support, and execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, high-energy, adaptable, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Ability to assume responsibility, pay attention to the details and work well individually and across teams
- EMEA headquarters location required
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of B-to-B marketing experience preferably supporting a direct sales force in the enterprise software industry
- Life Sciences experience is desirable
- Experience in developing and running lead generation campaigns (e.g., telemarketing, e-mail, seminars, advertising)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, present and position, and execute marketing plans that align to sales objectives
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top