Senior Engagement Consultant - Healthcare
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
The Senior Engagement Consultant is responsible for delivering focused consulting services to drive transformative change and real-world value for Medidata customers. The Senior Engagement Consultant will ensure that both internal and external clients are provided with a premier experience and should combine their best practice knowledge and domain expertise with the latest tools and technologies available to drive value.
You will function as an integrator between business needs and technology driven solutions, identifying and creatively solving complex business problems, shaping solutions, designing and reengineering critical processes as necessary and fundamentally transforming the way a client best adopts Medidata technology solutions with associated best practices.
• Act as program / project managers for any scale of implementation taking a key role in delivering effective services to ensure our clients succeed
• Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery metrics (on time / on budget) for all assigned clients
• Will typically be involved in developing conclusions and recommendations for their customers always working to drive immediate and long term value
• Often expected to conduct client interviews to understand complex business issues
• Develop content for client presentations
• Focus on delivery of consulting services in their domain area(s) of expertise
• Potentially supervising the efforts of other more junior consultants
• Completing and managing client work in accordance with established budgets, work plans, quality standards, and timeframes
• Ability to generate and scope new consulting services revenue opportunities from their/Medidata customer network and seeing these opportunities through to successful conclusion
• Support Professional Services in all scales of Medidata Platform adoptions from Study by Study to Enterprise level engagements (including multiple simultaneous engagements)
• Be able to identify business opportunities by conducting ‘deep-dive’ data analytics and metric driven insights into our current client base. Drive consulting services revenue from analysis phase through to completion of engagement
• Manage and operate consultative offerings around all Medidata Platform Solutions and services
• Drive high level of billable, utilization and profitability for services rendered under their remit
• Nurture assigned client accounts and develop stronger relationships to increase Medidata consulting and product foot-print
• Promote themselves and the consulting services business offerings by being a keynote speaker or publisher at targeted industry events, conferences and publications
• Develop into a recognized expert/trusted adviser in your chosen field/discipline and industry
• Maintain high levels of client satisfaction through delivery
• Maintain reference able clients from beginning to end of the project / engagement life cycle
• Manage or mentor junior consultants (i.e., hire, train, develop, appraise, reward, motivate, discipline, etc)
• Participate in direct sales cycle support as necessary
• Clinical R&D experience working in operational roles within the clinical research arena is highly desirable
• Project management skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a strong technical background is often required to manage competing interests
• Proven delivery / implementation success
• Demonstrates ability to work successfully in a wide range in projects, domain areas and clients
• Able to work for extended periods on site with key stake holders if required
• Able to travel extensively as part of their role to support customers globally as necessary (+30% travel)
• Demonstrates ability to work on real world problems with diverse scope and where analysis of data has allowed them to deliver value for their customer
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
• Ability to work at all levels within a customer organization
• A deep understanding of clinical research (pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors)
• Extensive client facing service delivery experience and superior client relationship management skills
• Ability to become a ‘Trusted Advisor’ of Medidata’s platform solutions
• Ability to work on multiple / simultaneous engagements without compromising delivery and client satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability to work with sales cycle and generate business opportunities
• Shown ability to deliver complex engagements and value for customers
• Ability to generate new consulting services revenue opportunities and seeing these through to successful conclusion
• Been primary lead on multidisciplinary engagement/project teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top