Senior Director, Product Management, Platform
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Directs a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life.
- Functions as a central resource with design, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing and distribution as the product(s) move through their lifecycle.
- Directs those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products.
- Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control.
- Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Develops corporate and/or organizational policies and authorizes their implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of company allows for innovative concepts and promoting new ideas.
- Provides direction to senior managers in various areas, groups, and/or operations.
- Recognized as an influential leader
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
- Erroneous decisions will have a long-term effect on the company's success.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters
- Influences policymaking.
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, business, information systems or life sciences, advanced degree a strong plus.
- 10+ years experience in software product management exposure to systems that support clinical research the clinical trials/clinical development environment, preferably with a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company, or CRO.
- Strong experience with cross-functional teams including software development and software quality teams.
- Attention to detail and managing multiple timelines in parallel.
- Domain expertise in the specific area which the product will serve.
- Strong technical experience in system architectures and the deployment of web-based applications.
- At least 3-5 years management experience.
- Solid project management experience, including MS Project.
- Experience with Requirements Gathering, Use Case development.
- Experience with creating product documentation.
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- 2+ years experience in technical project management, programming background a plus.
- Excellent analytical, written and communication skills.
- Experience presenting at industry trade shows.
- Familiarity with application development processes, SCRUM/Agile exposure a plus.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Rochelle R.Director of Global Engagement
Rochelle oversees Medidata’s company-wide diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives, executing and analyzing engagement surveys that allow her to create and complete important action items.
Back to top